Just a brief note about these verses: I’m not trying to make fun of the Bible, here, but there are some verses which people have written – with God’s inspiration – which blow the theory out of the water that the bible is a dull read. In some cases, these are taken out of context, sure, but I don’t think that the same God who gave us a sense of humour is averse to putting a few snippets of levity in his written record.
- Rod says he’s seen some folk signing autographs with this reference:
See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!
- ClarkGrizzy reckons there’s proof that there will be no women in heaven:
when he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour
- He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him.
- Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish.
- As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly.
- Gray is a crown of splendor: it is attained by a righteous life.
- Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
- Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner…
Yeah, I know. This translation is weird.
- If only you would be altogether silent! For you, that would be wisdom.
- From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. “Go on up, you baldhead!” they said. “Go on up, you baldhead!” He turned around, and looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
2 Kings 2:23-24
- The lookout reported, “He has reached them, but he isn’t coming back either. The driving is like that of Jehu son of Nimshi–he drives like a madman.”
2 Kings 9:20
I asked: would that scripture reference fit on a personalised number plate? Briana suggests: “Just put 2KGS920. The standard limit of 7 characters. Anyone tried it yet? UPDATE: Valdi did: Check out his efforts! (Only 6 Characters in NSW…)
3 thoughts on “Bible Fun”
Any plans for a robot bible?
Something like this?